For those passionate about sportfishing, Puerto Vallarta will host its 66th annual marlin and sailfish International Fishing Tournament. This event brings together the best fishermen from around the world and the tournament will take place from November 9 -12, 2022.
On Wednesday, November 9th, teams can register in person at Fishing Club Vallarta located on Calle Hamburgo 145, in Versalles, Puerto Vallarta, between 3:00 pm & 10:00 pm
The first fishing day will commence on Thursday, November 10th, with a flag ceremony in front of Hotel Rosita located on Paseo Díaz Ordaz 901 at 7:00 am before the fishing boats depart. Successful teams must present the fish they caught on the boardwalk at Marina Vallarta, right next to Marina del Rey Condominiums, where event officials will receive and weigh the fish for the duration of the tournament during the hours of 1:00 pm through to 6:00 pm. On November 11th and 12th, the fishing boats can depart anytime after midnight making sure that they return to the boardwalk with their fish to be weighed by 6:00 pm.
The Award Ceremony to announce the winners will take place at 7:00 pm on Saturday, November 12th on the boardwalk at Marina Vallarta. Cost to Participate in the Fishing Tournament
The cost for registration up until October 31st is $42,000 pesos (approx. $2,100 USD) per team or boat (up to 4 fishermen – additional guests are welcome) and will increase to $45,000 pesos per team (approx. $2,250 USD) for teams registering between November 1st and 10th.
To register, click here.
Prizes will be awarded to teams catching the heaviest fish with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes awarded in four categories: Marlin, Tuna, Sailfish, and Mahi-Mahi. The prizes defined for the sixty-sixth international tournament are as follows:
● 1st place for Marlin (over 220 lbs) – $500,000 MXN (approx. $25,000 USD)
● 2nd place for Marlin (over 220 lbs) – $250,000 MXN (approx. $12, 500 USD)
● 3rd place for Marlin (over 220 lbs) – $100,000 MXN (approx. $5,000 USD)
● 1st place for Tuna (over 66 lbs) – $200,000 MXN (approx. $10,000 USD)
● 2nd place for Tuna (over 66 lbs) – Fishing gear
● 3rd place for Tuna (over 66 lbs) – Fishing gear
● 1st place for Sailfish (over 55 lbs) – Fishing gear
● 2nd place for Sailfish (over 55 lbs) – Fishing gear
● 3rd place for Sailfish (over 55 lbs) – Fishing gear
● 1st place for Mahi-Mahi (over 22 lbs) – $100,000 MXN (approx. $5,000 USD)
● 2nd place for Mahi-Mahi (over 22 lbs) – Fishing gear
● 3rd place for Mahi-Mahi (over 22 lbs) – Fishing gear
This event is sponsored by the Puerto Vallarta Municipal Government and Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board.
The combination of incredible fishing in Puerto Vallarta’s sparkling azure waters and the pristine nature that surrounds make this an angling experience beyond comparison.
We invite you to book your stay at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta or Villa del Palmar Flamingos in mid-November to coincide with this incredible fishing tournament. If you love sportfishing, don’t miss your chance to compete and take first place. If you would prefer to be a spectator, head down to Marina Vallarta between 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm from November 10 – 12, to watch the fish being weighed and come to cheer on the fishermen.