Giving Back to Your Home Away From Home
The Eagle’s Wings Foundation (EWF) is a CA non-profit organization created in 1999 by the Villa Group and the late Jim McCarthy, a long-time UVC member. The Villa Group Resorts provide our members with many wonderful memories and friends, but thousands of needy people live just miles from our happy vacation sites. Eagle’s Wings gives back to the disadvantaged in the cities and surrounding areas of the Villa Group resorts. So many local people, including far too many children, struggle on a daily basis. They deserve a chance to improve their situation, become educated, and have access to adequate medical care.
Through EWF, the members can reach out to the communities who have welcomed them over the years. When members donate to Eagle’s Wings Foundation they have the opportunity to touch someone’s life in a powerful way. To many members, these acts of charity turn a good vacation into a great vacation, and give deeper meaning to their time in Mexico.
How Can Members Help?
- Eagle’s Wings Foundation donation line item on Annual Maintenance Fee – Look for the optional line item on your annual assessment. The suggested minimum is $10, but no donation is too small!
- One-time or recurring donations through Pay Pal – http://eagles-wings-foundation.org/campaign/become-a-volunteer/ – Click on donate, fill out the form and the link will automatically take you to Pay Pal.
- Bring a Thing – Bring your donation to the resort or purchase items in Mexico and they will be collected and distributed to those in need such as school and orphanages. Most needed items: rice, beans, toothbrushes/paste, shampoo, hygiene items, shoes, sneakers, school supplies such as pens, pencils, paper, coloring pens, notebooks, backpacks, non-toxic whiteboard pens, etc.
- Lobby donation boxes – If you have loose change at the end of your vacation, drop it in the boxes at each resort lobby. The funds are collected and used for holiday parties at Senior Homes.
- Volunteer while on vacation to assist at one of the facilities (This can be coordinated through onsite staff; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.)
- Participation in annual auction event in October – if you are attending the Member Social, please consider donating a live or silent auction item OR bidding on a prize. This single event generates between $20,000 and $30,000 each year.