How To Make the Most of Your Summer Vacation
Now is the ideal time to start planning your summer vacations with your Preferred Points or Gold Time. Preferred and Gold Time is additional rental vacation time available that Villa Preferred Access and Gold members can use through the Club in the summer.
Each year, as a member you will receive the equivalent of your annual club points, which could equate to two weeks, for use between weeks 18 to 43 (May through October). You can view a Weeks Calendar by membership type by clicking here.
Preferred Points and Gold Time is a privilege that you can enjoy in addition to your annual allocated Member Time and won’t cost you anything, unless you use it; in which case you simply pay the prorated maintenance fees for the points or nights you choose to use.
Here are some facts about Preferred Points and Gold Time to guide you:
- Your allocated Preferred Points or Gold Time can be used during the summer (weeks 18-43, May-October) to stay at any resorts available for use within your contract, so long as you have enough points to cover the unit you wish to reserve.
- You may combine Preferred Points or Gold Time with your Club Points or Weeks to enhance your stay by reserving a bigger or more luxurious unit during weeks 18 through 43. Restrictions may apply (60 days or less prior to check in date).
- Preferred Points or Gold Time do not cost you anything unless you use them. You only pay the maintenance fees on the actual Preferred Points or Gold Time that you use to make your reservation.
- You can choose to use your Preferred Points or Gold Time instead of your Club Points when staying during the summer period, banking your annual allowance for following years. If you have an annual membership, your points will be banked for up to five years. Biennial members can bank club points until the next use year. Likewise you may choose to take more than one vacation in a given year. Preferred Points or Gold Time cannot be banked or borrowed but you receive a new allowance each year.
- You may not rent time that has been reserved using Preferred Points or Gold Time to third parties. At least one of the members must be present.
- Full summer weeks that have been reserved using Preferred Points or Gold Time may be exchanged through Interval International, which means that Preferred Points or Gold Time can then be used anytime, anywhere and by anyone as long as you pay the exchange fee with Interval International.
If you have any further questions about Preferred Points or Gold Time and how to make the most of combining this benefit with your allocated Club time, please call Member Services at 800-852-4755.