How to Optimize Your Membership for Peak Seasons
The best way to make the most of your membership is to have a clear understanding of how it works and how to plan ahead. This article is intended to clarify some key points to help you optimize your member time.
Understanding the Seasons
Your membership is organized into three seasons: Holidays, Winter and Summer. The number of points needed to reserve an accommodation within each of these seasons will vary. For example, reservations during the Holiday Season require you to use the most points, followed by Winter, then Summer, with other restrictions outlined below.
Space during this season is in high demand so you must book as soon as possible, up to 24 months ahead of time. *
The Holiday Season weeks are:
- Weeks 51 and 52 (Dec 22-Jan 5)
The best way to make sure you have enough points to cover a vacation during the Holiday Season is to upgrade so you have a sufficient yearly allowance of points to cover your preferred reservation.
The second most popular season is winter, and you would be best advised to book these weeks as soon as you know your travel plans.
The Winter Season weeks are (not including the Holiday Weeks):
- Weeks 1 to 17 (Jan 1– May 5)
- Weeks 44 to 50 (Nov 3 – Dec 22)
Even if you have purchased only enough member time to cover a week during the Summer Season, you can still make a reservation during the Winter Season by applying banked, borrowed and accelerated points to make up the difference you need. Alternatively, you could stay for fewer days.
The Summer Season is often overlooked by members. While it is natural that you would want to escape the freezing temperatures back home and get some winter sunshine, summer has its own charms in Mexico.
The Summer Season weeks are:
- Weeks 18 to 43 (May 5 – Nov 3)
When getting the best reservations during summer, you should keep in mind that the Mexican summer break starts at the end of June until the end of August, so the sooner you make a reservation the better.
Another advantage of the Summer Season is that you can apply Preferred Points or Gold Time to extend your stay or add an additional vacation to your yearly plans. Preferred Points or Gold Time can be reserved up to 12 months ahead for use between weeks 18-43. Click here to view a weeks chart.
Tips to Optimize Your Membership for Peak Seasons
- Reservation for club points can be made in advance, so book as soon as you know when you can travel.
- Larger units are often reserved quickly, so consider booking in advance so your friends and family can join you.
- Attend your update meetings and see how you can upgrade to ensure you have enough points to match your vacation desires.
- Take advantage of your Preferred Points or Gold Time for summer vacations and save your annual allocation for use during Winter or Holiday Seasons.
* Weeks contracts are based on season.