Meet the Club, ResortCom, and The Villa Group
Welcome to your new UVCI member family! We are thrilled to have you as a part of our Membership Club, and we hope that your experience with us will be extraordinary. As a new member, we understand that you may have some questions about our organization and the services we provide. One of the most common questions we receive is about the difference between UVCI, ResortCom, and The Villa Group. We want to provide helpful information and clarify the roles of each team so that you have a better understanding of who you will be interacting with during your membership experience. While all teams work very closely together, each team focuses on a specific aspect of your membership. So, keep reading to find out “Who’s Who” and what each team does so that you can have a better idea of how we work together to provide you with the best possible vacation experience.
The Club (UVC International) – Your Management Company
UVC International, also known as UVCI, or just ¨the Club¨ is the vacation ownership management group that oversees all 90,000+ members of the Villa Group (and Tafer Development Group) vacation clubs. These include: Villa Preferred Access Club, Universal Vacation Club, UVC Resorts (VDP Islands of Loreto), Club Caribe (VDP Cancun), TAFER Residence Club, and Garza Blanca Residence Club. Each of these clubs offer a wide variety of Member Services, programs, and benefits that make your vacation experience unforgettable.
Led by a small but effective team (plus the onsite Club staff,) UVCI is an umbrella that oversees all Club and member-related functions. Although UVCI is often called the “Club” (singular), at any given point it can be referencing just one of the Clubs, or all of them. In brief, UVCI represents all members’ interests at all the resorts in Mexico, and on behalf of the Club members, it works with offsite and onsite teams to make sure that your membership experience is as extraordinary as possible, regardless of the breathtaking destination you visit – Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, Cabo San Lucas, Islands of Loreto, and Cancun.
- UVCI handles member communication and marketing. We are the writers and editors of your Club Newsletters, social media posts, email promotions, membership brochures, and plans and hosts the Annual Member Meetings. UVCI also manages your member information website at myuvci.com.
- UVCI’s manages all meetings of the Board of Directors, Member Advisory Committees, and the Developers’ Managing Entities, oversees elections and Club governance, works with the attorneys on all Governing Documents, and develops and follows up on timelines and action plans for executive/operational action items on a global level.
- UVCI oversees the Vegas call center and all the services it performs; including reservations processes, and billing functions (maintenance fees and loans). UVCI serves as liaison between ResortCom and the hotel teams to make sure the ResortCom team has the information and resources needed to assist all members properly and efficiently.
- UVCI provides onsite property management oversight. At any given time, the Hotel is occupied by a combination of Club Members as well as hotel guests. Therefore, UVCI works in tandem with the Hotel management teams to make sure that maintenance fees paid by members and sent to the Hotels for property management are being used in the best interests of the members. UVCI works directly with the Hotel Operations teams on quality control for all areas of the Hotel including check-in, inventory (rooms) management, activities programs, Food & Beverage, Elite Program administration, quality surveys, and many other programs, services, and operations.
- Other important functions – UVCI provide administrative guidance and support to Eagle’s Wings Foundation, the Developer’s sister charitable foundation that collects donations and provides grants to local charities near the resorts. UVCI also works with all third-party companies like graphic designers, accounting and auditing firms, insurance companies, and others.
In a nutshell, UVCI is the glue of your membership experience —connecting all operations together so that you can fully enjoy your vacations with us.
UVCI shares a small portion of the ResortCom offices in Las Vegas and is often confused with ResortCom; but they are two separate entities. Although UVCI works closely with members to handle many of their needs, day to day it is not the UVCI staff who answer the phones for reservations or member services; these functions are handled by our servicer, ResortCom. Overall, UVCI plays a crucial role in connecting all operations together to provide members with an outstanding vacation experience.
The Club uses social media to communicate with its members. Members can follow UVCI on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram to stay updated on the latest news, updates, and promotions. The Club’s social media accounts also provide a platform for members to engage with each other, share travel experiences, and provide feedback.
The Club also communicates regularly with members through email updates, monthly newsletters with links to blog articles, and the UVCI website If you need to get in touch with the Club directly, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this email is for sharing feedback only. For general account servicing, please contact Member Services by emailing email@example.com
Member Experience Creators
UVCI has a “Member Experience Creator” onsite at all Villa Group Resorts, with the aim of providing a more personalized and immersive experience to its members across its resorts in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, and the Islands of Loreto. Member Experience Creators gather feedback, interact with members, and provide exclusive member-only activities. Each resort has its own Member Experience Creator, who acts as a main point of contact for all members.
Below is a list of the Member Experience Creators for each resort:
- Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta: Beatriz Alvarez
- Villa del Palmar Flamingos: Iris Luna
- Villa del Palmar Cabo: Gabriela Galindo
- Villa del Arco: Andres Trinidad
- Villa La Valencia: Maria Mata
- Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto: Javier Sosa
If you’re looking for your Member Experience Creator during your stay, you’re likely to find them at their desk or walking around the resort interacting with guests. If you can’t find them at their desk, you can ask the Front Desk or Concierge to page them for you. When you visit the resort, we encourage you to introduce yourself to your Onsite Member Experience Creator because their goal is to enhance your overall vacation experience. We also encourage members to attend the weekly Member’s Cocktail Party to meet them, along with the resort management team and other members.
ResortCom (Las Vegas/Guadalajara) – Your Servicing Company
ResortCom, our servicing company, is dedicated to providing exceptional customer/member services to all Club members. With a team of over 300 multilingual professionals, they work tirelessly to ensure that your vacation experience is the best it can be.
Based in Las Vegas, ResortCom also has a new Member Services division in Guadalajara, Mexico. The expansion provides more hiring flexibility, especially for the diverse languages needed to serve the Club’s members, as well as additional resources to assist members and guests. Although the two locations operate independently, they work together seamlessly as one Member Service team.
ResortCom provides a variety of services, including reservations and billing functions, and manages day-to-day operations such as answering phone calls for reservations and member services. If you need to contact Member Services, you can call 1-800-852-4755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure a smooth and efficient interaction, members should have their account number handy when they call.
ResortCom is committed to excellence and partners with UVCI and Villa Group Resorts to achieve the common goal of creating exceptional vacation experiences.
The Villa Group – Resort Development & Operations
The Villa Group is a collection of award-winning resorts in Mexico that offers incredible vacation experiences. As a member of the Club, you have access to all of the resorts that The Villa Group has to offer including: Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Villa del Palmar Cancun, Villa del Arco Cabo, Villa La Valencia, Villa La Estancia Los Cabos, and Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto.
The Villa Group is committed to providing you with the highest level of service and amenities. With an emphasis on luxury, comfort, and convenience, The Villa Group offers a range of activities, dining options, and accommodations to suit every need.
Villa Group properties rely on their operations teams to provide their guests and members with an unforgettable vacation experience. These teams are the resort staff who greet you with a warm welcome and assist you throughout your stay. From organizing fun activities and special events to ensuring that your wedding day is perfect, the Villa Group team works hard to make every onsite happening at the resort a success. With their dedication and attention to detail, the Villa Group team plays a crucial role in creating those special moments that make your vacations so memorable.
We hope that this article has been helpful in introducing you to the Club, Our Servicing Company, and The Villa Group. As a UVCI member, you have access to a world of vacation experiences that are sure to create lasting memories for you and your loved ones. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us. Welcome to the UVCI family!
I am visiting Flamingo on May 11 to 18.
What activities and excursions are available?
I visit Neuvo Vallarta annually.
Are nearby towns worth visiting?
Thank you for reading blog. Our Pre-Arrivals Team will be reaching out to you to help answer any questions on what is available as there are many excursions as well as recommendations. For nearby towns, if you have a spare day and want to see something off the beaten path, I recommend San Sebastian. You can book a day tour to see this town. More info on this town is here: https://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_do/san-sebastian-del-oeste-mexico/
Thanks for this great introduction to our Member company services, now its more clear to whom I can direct myself if I need a service
Thank you for reading our post and sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear this information was helpful for you.
Looking forward to our visit, Brenda Stewart and I, to the Villa del Palmar Vallarta in December 2023. We shall make our reservation in July/ august using our acquired points.
Happy to hear that! We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon!