Resort Events at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
Last month, from May 23-26, Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta hosted the event Magico Pueblos, celebrating each of the nearby towns deemed as “Magico Pueblos” or “Magic Towns” in Jalisco. To be a Magico Pueblo, the town is historically preserved and observes traditional cultural practices. Once deemed a Magico Pueblo, a town must keep its ancient charm that may be found in the cobblestone roads, buildings built in the 1600’s, etc. There are one-hundred and eleven Magico Pueblos in Mexico and this event celebrated the towns nearest to the resort, which included San Sebastian del Oeste, Mazzamitla, Tapalpa, Mascota, and a few others.
Participants in the Magico Pueblos event participated in ethnic dance classes, embroidery and clay sculpting classes, chopped (cooking) challenges, dinner pairings, and a grand finale celebration dinner party and show. Below are a few photos showcasing this event.
Our next event will be Fest of the Seas, from October 16-19, 2018, at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta. Join us to celebrate the beauty of the ocean. Learn how to fish like an expert, prepare the best fish, and taste exquisite meals caught and prepared by our talented chefs. There will also be chopped challenges, a beer drinking contest overlooking the sea, and sea-inspired arts and crafts.
- Opening Cocktail: Kick off the Fest of the Seas Festival with an opening cocktail reception. Occurs Tuesday, October 16th from 7 pm-8 pm
- Attarya (Fishing Technique) Class: Learn from an expert fisherman the technique of Atarraya, which is used by local fisherman to reel in the best catch of the day. Occurs Wednesday, October 17th from 12 pm-1 pm.
- Sarandeado Fish Pairing: Our Executive Chef will show you how to prepare the Sarandeado Fish using a traditional recipe in Nayarit. Occurs Wednesday, October 17thfrom 4 pm-5 pm.
- Fisherman Dinner: Enjoy the Sarandeado Fish prepared by our Executive Chef at El Patron. Occurs Wednesday, October 17th from 7 pm-10 pm.
- Chopped Challenge: Join a cooking team and participate in our cooking contest hosted by our International Guest Chef. Occurs Thursday, October 18th from 1 pm -2 pm.
- Catch of the Day: Participate in a fishing tour in the bay where you can catch your own fish to bring back to the resort for our Chef to prepare for you. Occurs Thursday, October 18th from from 3 pm – 4 pm.
- Diving Demo: Learn about the wonders of the sea as you learn how to scuba dive. Occurs Thursday, October 18th from 4 pm-5 pm.
- Sunset Dinner: Enjoy a special dinner at sunset on the beach. Occurs Thursday, October 18th at 7 pm.
- Chopped Challenge: Join a cooking team and participate in our cooking contest hosted by our International Guest Chef. Occurs Friday, October 19th from 1 pm -2 pm.
- Canoe Making Contest: Make a canoe out of sand to enter into this contest. Occurs Friday, October 19th from 3 pm- 4 pm.
- Beer Drinking Contest: Put those beer chugging skills to use by competing in our father and son beer drinking contest! Occurs Friday, October 19th from 4 pm – 5 pm.
- Fish Dinner Buffet: Enjoy a special dinner buffet featuring the fish of the day. Occurs Friday, October 19th from 7 pm-10 pm.
These activities are being offered from October 17-19th only as part of this special event.
The resorts reserve the right to modify or cancel these activities at any time without notice. To make your reservation for this event please call 800-852-4755 and reference “Fest of the Seas” today!