Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto Set ‘Chef Week’ for Jan. 16-20, 2019
Celebrity Chefs Highlight Five Days of Gourmet Meals, Unique Cooking Demonstrations
LORETO, Baja California Norte, Mexico (Jan. 3, 2019) — Three celebrity chefs are headlining Chef Week at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto, Jan. 16-20. As part of the event, unique cooking demonstrations and exotic dinners will be featured at this award-winning resort located in a stunning setting on the east coast of Mexico’s Baja Peninsula, on the shores of Danzante Bay.
The celebrity chefs are:
- Manouschka Guerrier is a former model who has become one of Hollywood’s premier celebrity chefs. Guerrier brings fashion and personality to food, and says she is equally as at home in her Louboutins as she is in her apron and cooking mits. Guerrier has made numerous television appearances on programs such as the Food Network’s “Kitchen Inferno” and includes Barbra Streisand, Drake, Josh Brolin, Kim Kardashian and Lance Bass among her celebrity clients. She salutes her mother, Jacqueline, and professionally trained Haitian grandmother, Olga, as her mentors in the kitchen.
- Keith Breedlove, best known by his nickname “Culinerdy,” has etched his reputation in the culinary world with his gourmet food truck, Culinerdy Cruzer. Located in Elk Grove, near California’s state capitol Sacramento, the food truck is covered in pictures of comic book characters, lawn gnomes, and Star Wars statues. Breedlove and the Cruzer are renowned for their incredible burgers and flash-fried brussels sprouts. Breedlove was previously executive chef at several Hilton Hotels, executive chef and cookbook contributor for Nordstrom’s Café Bistro, and a corporate executive chef for two of Guy Fieri’s eateries.
- Gerardo Garcia Martinez, a product of Mexico City, is a well-traveled kitchen master who boasts an enviable reputation in Mexico where he is widely praised for his sumptuous dishes and world-class flavors. The executive chef at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa had the opportunity to work with and assist some of the legends of the Mexican culinary scene: Olivier Lombart, Thierry Doufort and Vicente Etchegaray. Today, he continually amazes guests with his unique creations, which are distinctively Mexican, and his outstanding food preparation.
Chef Week begins Wednesday, Jan. 16 with a welcome cocktail reception and introduction of the special guest chefs. The four days will offer an array of cooking demonstrations, plus specially themed on-property dinners prepared by Guerrier, Breedlove and Garcia.
The dinner lineup features a five-course dinner at Danzante Fine Dining restaurant; four-course Italian dinner at Casa Mia restaurant; beach party with a bountiful buffet on the resort’s beach; Mexican Fiesta at The Market Restaurant; and capped with a spectacular Sunday Brunch.
The resort, which overlooks the Sea of Cortez on the eastern coast of the Baja Peninsula, is just a two-hour flight from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) via Alaska Airlines and is accessible seasonally with direct WestJet flights from Calgary, and from Tijuana via Calafia Airlines.
About Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto: Baja’s First Million Star Resort
Villa del Palmar at The Islands of Loreto is a luxury destination resort on the Sea of Cortez, off the eastern coast of the Baja Peninsula overlooking Danzante Island. Flanked by the rugged Sierra de la Giganta range, the resort features 181 spacious, beautifully-appointed deluxe one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with terraces and stunning ocean and mountain views, timeshare options, three restaurants offering gourmet dining, an attentive English-speaking staff, five swimming pools, the 39,000 square-foot Sabila Spa and Wellness Center, two tennis courts, beautiful beaches, and a mild and warm climate year-round.
The resort was named the 16th best resort in Mexico by Trip Advisor. In 2015, Travel Weekly magazine recognized the Islands of Loreto with a 2015 Silver Magellan Award in the Adventure Destination category. Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto was also recognized as Mexico’s Leading Beach Resort in the 22nd and 23rd annual World Travel Awards. It also earned recognition 2016, 2017 and 2018 as Mexico and Central America’s Leading Resort by the same prestigious organization.
# # #
Hunter Public Relations-West
Other Upcoming Events at the Islands of Loreto:
- June 4-7, 2019: Pastry Chef Week
- July 15-19, 2019: Adventure Week
- August 6-11, 2019: Members Gastronomy Week
- September 14-16, 2019: Mexican Independence Week
- October 20-25, 2019: Golf Tournament Invitational
- November 5-8, 2019: Baja Fest
- November 30-December 7, 2019: Wellness Resolution Week