Puerto Vallarta’s Art Walk is being held from October 28, 2015 to May 25, 2016 from 6-10 pm every Wednesday in Centro Histórico. There will be nine participating art galleries showcasing artwork such as paintings, sculptures, blown glass, and ceramics. All of the art galleries are within walking distance from one another and participants can customize this experience to their own interests as all galleries are optional and there is no required length of stay at any of the exhibits.
These are the art galleries:
- Galería Colectika: Ancestral Contemporary Art focusing on Mexican traditions.
- Galería Whitlow: Realistic paintings by Michael Whitlow that showcase the important qualities of everyday objects such as fruit.
- Galería Córsica I: Mexican Fine Art that illustrate important symbols and events.
- Galería Córsica II: Mexican Fine Art that highlights prominent cultural concepts.
- Galería Pacífico: Contemporary Art including paintings and sculptures in various media.
- Galería Caballito de Mar: Antique and Vintage Ancestral Art reflecting on Mexico’s past.
- The Loft Galería: Contemporary Art and Jewelry from all over the world is presented in one space to honor cultural diversity.
- Galería de Ollas: Handcrafted Pottery from Mata Ortiz, a small rural village in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico.
- Sheol Gallery: Expressionism Art that showcases an emotional and/or spiritual vision of life.
Please click here for a detailed description and images of each art gallery.
Please click here for a map of this year’s Art Walk.
This year’s Art Walk celebrates the 20th Anniversary of this event. Come see what makes Puerto Vallarta a vibrant, artistic community!