The 2018 Member Rental Program will open Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 9:00 am PST.
The Member Rental Program is now accepting applications. Please click on the link that corresponds with your membership in the below chart to submit the Member Rental Program application.
This Member Rental Program has been designed as your last “non-vacation” option. It has been designed to assist you with partially offsetting your maintenance fee expense. This is not a “get rich quick” program, but rather a service provided to avoid any vacation week from going unused.
The program has become quite popular, and we are only able to accept a limited number of weeks that we forecast can be rented. All applications must be submitted online using an electronic signature. The application window begins October 1st; because there is a limit to the number of applications we can accept, the window is closed as soon as all the rental slots are filled. Please note that certain membership types have preferential enrollment. Additionally, your maintenance fee must be paid in full prior to your enrollment.
Please read the details below about the Member Rental Program guidelines and procedures.
When does the enrollment process begin?
- The Member Rental Program for 2018 will open October 1, 2017.
- Once the level of submissions has reached the projected allowable enrollees, the enrollment site will be closed and disabled.
- The Member Rental Program DOES NOT accept fixed weeks as fixed weeks, weeks with a reservation already attached, vacation banked weeks, rollover or carry over weeks, or floating weeks with a reservation or weeks/points already deposited with an exchange company.
U.S. Form W-9 or Canadian Form W-8:
- To conform with directions from the U. S. I.R.S. auditors, all U. S. applications must also have a signed U. S. Form W-9 to be considered for acceptance.
- To conform with directions from the Canadian government all Canadian citizens must also have submitted a signed W-8 form to be considered for acceptance.
Your enrollment entry will be determined by the date you complete the online application and submit. Please remember the enrollment process is not complete unless the Member Rental Program receives both the signed contract and a signed W-9 or W-8 as a part of this enrollment. Residents of the United States who receive a rental payout for 2016 will be provided with a Form 1099 as applicable. No payouts can be made to United States residents without the required tax information.
If after review you determine the information needs to be edited and/or corrected, the only way to change information or edit is to start the process over from the beginning. Here is the general schedule for those enrolled in the Member Rental program can expect:
- Notification of Acceptance will be by email using the address provided on the application.
- If accepted, the payment of members’ net rental proceeds will be paid approximately sixty (60)days following the last day of the season. For example, some Winter Weeks/Winter Points will be rented through May of each year. Therefore, the first batch of checks will be sent out approximately the first part of August.
- Rental of members’ Summer weeks/Summer points will go through October and as such, net rental proceeds can be expected the first part of January.
- Additionally, the Member Rental Program will continue to rent members’ weeks in the second Winter Season covering the months of November and December. Payment of the net rental proceeds for those rentals can be expected early March of each year.
- Sometimes, all of the weeks/points accepted into the program may still not be used. These weeks/points will be Vacation Banked into the following year at no charge.
Questions regarding the program are to be directed to: email@example.com