Cancun's Frequently Asked Questions
What activities are available at Villa del Palmar Cancun for kids?
Villa del Palmar Cancun has a Kids Club that is open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The Kids Club is complimentary for all members and guests staying at Villa del Palmar Cancun. The resort also offers babysitting services for a maximum of two children for $15 per hour.Villa del Palmar Cancun offers the following kids’ activities:
- Hand Crafts
- Board Games
- Video Games Contest
- Spa time-featuring a relaxing massage specially crafted for kids
- Cooking lessons
- Movie Time
- Beach Soccer
- Sand Castle Building
- Pool Games
What is your Check in & Check out time?
- Check in time: 4:00 PM
- Check out time: 11:00 am
- Do you have a Hospitality Suite that I can use prior to check-in or after check-out to rest or relax while the room is being prepared or due to a late flight? Yes, Villa del Palmar Cancun has a Hospitality Suite that is available for all members and guests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Hospitality Suite has a rest area, television, pool table, kitchenette, showers, lockers for men and women, and restrooms.
- Do you have a Steam room at Villa del Palmar Cancun? Is there a fee and what is the daily schedule? Villa del Palmar Cancun does have a hydrotherapy area that includes a steam room, hot tub, cold plunge, and warm pool. The hydrotherapy area is included with all spa services. The hydrotherapy area is $20 USD per person for members and guests that do not purchase spa services.
Do you offer Wi-Fi Internet service and is there a fee?
Members can enjoy free Wi-Fi in their rooms for an unlimited number of devices on our Premium network that has a speed of 20 megabites. Please note that there are additional networks available. Click here for more information.
For I-phones, the system will require you to update your settings by removing the “Auto - Join” feature; if this is not done, you will not be able to sign-up for Wi-Fi with an I-phone. For info on how to do this Click here.
Is The Villa Group a smoke-Free property?
Yes, we are a smoke-free property. At Villa del Palmar Cancun there are designated smoking areas outside of the Palmita Terrace and the Lobby. These smoking areas are marked with signs and are the only places on property where smoking may take place.
The Villa Group’s No Smoking Policy is as follows:The enjoyment and safety of our members and guests during their visit is what we strive for every day. To assist us in this endeavor, all units, lobbies, pool areas and restaurants within any Vacation Club property have been designated as non-smoking. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. However, we ask that you work with us in this regard to assist us in keeping our guests safe, keep our cleaning costs lower, and consider those who may not be able to tolerate the odor. Additionally, smoking sections have been designated by the motor lobby to the right or on the beach areas. Please refrain from smoking in any other area mentioned above. Should Management be informed of smoking in the room, additional fees will be added to your bill to off-set the cost of the cleaning. We appreciate your consideration in this matter.
Do you offer free parking to your guests?
Yes, a complimentary parking facility is available for all members and guests staying at Villa del Palmar Cancun. We also offer complimentary valet parking.
What is your room occupancy?
- Studio: 2 adults & 2 children under the age of 12
- One Bedroom Suite: 4 People maximum
- Two Bedroom Suite: 6 People maximum
- Three Bedroom Suite: 8 People maximum
*These occupancies are strictly adhered to for the safety of everyone involved.
- Is it safe to swim in the ocean in Cancun? Yes, swimming in the ocean is a favorite vacation experience for many in Cancun.
- How far is the Airport from Villa del Palmar Cancun? 35 minutes or 26 km
- How far is Villa del Palmar Cancun from downtown? 20 min or 11 km
- Are the beaches private or public? All beaches in Mexico are public but resorts have areas cordoned off areas with ropes for their guests’ comfort (this is a limited area). [caption id="attachment_5735" align="aligncenter" width="720"] Photo: Tulum Beach & Ruins[/caption]
What are the most popular activities offered in Cancun?
- Shopping Malls
- Tours & Activity Excursions
- Adventure Parks such as Xplor and Xel-ha
- Isla Mujeres
- Cenotes (large water holes with subterranean rivers)
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere
- Archaeological ruins
What favorite beaches are nearby Villa del Palmar Cancun?
Many visitors enjoy spending time on Cancun’s powdery white sands and enjoying the turquoise blue waters. Cancun’s Hotel Zone is shaped like a number seven and there are many beaches in this area for all to visit.
At the top of the number seven is the Bahia de Mujeres, which is ideal for swimming and snorkeling due to the shallow water. To the right of Bahia de Mujeres is the Caribbean Sea. To the left of the number seven is the Nichupte Lagoon, a saltwater lagoon that is popular for jet skiing, sailing, kayaking, and windsurfing.
Isla Mujeres is just a ferry ride away from Villa del Palmar Cancun and features beaches, a village, and boutique shops.[caption id="attachment_5727" align="aligncenter" width="720"] Photo: Isla Mujeres[/caption]
- Nearby Beaches:
- Playa Las Perlas:
- The closest beach to the city of Cancun located in the middle of Hotel Zone. This beach has almost no waves, making it an ideal place for swimming.
- Playa Langosta:
- This beach is a popular destination for locals and also has the dock for the Dolphin Discovery excursion and one of the many Isla Mujeres ferries. This beach is great for children because it has calm water.
- Playa Tortugas:
- This beach has deeper water than many other beaches in the area and but also features shallow areas for children making it a great place for families. There are several restaurants here, a ferry to Isla Mujeres, and an indoor craft and flea market.
- Playa Delfines:
- This popular beach offers Jet Ski rentals and is away from hotels, making it a relaxing escape for many.
- Playa Caracol:
- A popular beach for active enthusiasts that offers many water sport rentals.[caption id="attachment_5729" align="aligncenter" width="720"] Photo: Playa Delfines[/caption]
- What ruins are closest to the resort? El Meco ruins are ten minutes away from Villa del Palmar Cancun. For more information on these ruins, please click here.
- What are popular shopping areas in Cancun? Cancun is a popular shopping destination with a variety of malls, markets, and boutiques. You can find a selection of artisan products, European goods, fine jewelry, designer clothing, and many other unique items in Cancun. For recommended shopping locations, click here. [caption id="attachment_5739" align="aligncenter" width="720"] Photo: Souvenir Stand in Tulum[/caption]
- Standard Internet -5 megabites: Free for all non-members and hotel guests.
- Regular Members Only Internet - 20 megabites: Free for members. $20 USD per day per device for non-members.
- Premium Internet - 20 megabites. $20 USD per day per device for non-members. Note that this is the exact same internet as the “Regular Members Only Internet”.
- Gaming Internet - 50 megabites: $50 USD per day per device for members and non-members.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Info button next to the Wi- Fi network name. (It looks like a lower-case 'i' in a circle.)
- Ensure that the Auto-Join switch is on.
- If Auto-Join is off, turn it on
- Remove Private MAC address
The Villa Group is proud to offer in-house internet service. As we are now directly servicing the equipment, we are very excited to be able to offer more value to our Club members by offering *FREE* internet service. (Guests will be charged a nominal fee for the service.) However, in order to maintain adequate service levels and reasonable operating costs, it is necessary to establish device limits for the units. This limitation is not meant to take away from the free service we are so pleased to offer; rather it is a critical measure we must employ to provide the quality of internet services you deserve. The greater the number of devices utilizing the service, the greater the strain on bandwidth, and the greater the effects on overall speed and performance, especially for complex browsing such as streaming media or use of VoIP (voice over IP) systems. We do not want to frustrate you with slower speeds or the necessity to charge.
The only way we can sustain offering the service for free is to carefully monitor the number of devices utilizing the system so that our costs of operation allows us to continue to provide these services in a fair manner. Therefore we have set the following device limits per unit:
- Studio: Up to 2 devices Free
- One Bedroom: Up to 3 devices Free
- Two Bedroom: Up to 4 devices free
- Three Bedroom: Up to 6 devices free
We hope you appreciate our intentions with this rule and understand that the limits have been set to ensure that ALL members enjoy ‘staying connected’ while at the resorts. See you soon at a Villa Group property!